Lancaster Bible College, the parent institution of Capital Seminary & Graduate School and my employer, has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace for 2014 by the Best Christian Workplace Institute.
This designation derives from the results of surveys completed by nearly 150 employees. In particular, LBC received high marks on the following items:
- “Lancaster Bible College is well managed.”
- “Staff/employees at Lancaster Bible College are encouraged to experiment and to be innovative.”
- “Leaders in Lancaster Bible College model humility.”
- “Over the past year, Lancaster Bible College has met its goals.”
- “Lancaster Bible College has a winning strategy for meeting the needs of those we serve.”
- “I would rate Lancaster Bible College as an exceptional place to serve.”
The Association for Biblical Higher Education noted that LBC received the highest score of any Bible college in history, and earned the BCW designation even in the midst of the acquisition of Washington Bible College/Capital Bible Seminary.
I can testify that LBC/Capital is fantastic place to work, probably the best place I’ve ever worked. No organization is perfect, but LBC is doing a lot of things right. There is leadership stability yet a willingness to innovate. I feel valued and supported in my role. I have been given authority that matches my level of responsibility. The institution is growing and there is a compelling vision for the future. I am part of a team of first-rate colleagues. At a time when many organizations are cutting benefits in an effort to tighten their belts, my compensation remains fair, even generous.
It’s an honor to work for Lancaster Bible College; in my experience, it is truly a Best Christian Workplace.