Nothing profound, but here’s what has been delighting me lately:
- Running. It’s finally warm enough and the winds calm enough that I’ve been able to ditch the treadmill and hit the roads.
- 30 Rock. Our family has discovered this TV show via Netflix streaming. Brilliant writing and a hilarious cast. Tina Fey & Alec Baldwin are perfect together. It’s also fun because our family saw the NBC Studio Tour and “Top of the Rock” during our trip to New York a few years ago.
- Live theatre. Our local high school just staged an exceptional production of Footloose, I accompanied a group of teens to a first-rate performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Indiana Repertory Theatre, and our oldest son is rehearsing for his role in Seussical Jr.
- Visits with friends. Over the course of about two months, we will have hosted folks from Minnesota, North Carolina, Wisconsin and Colorado, plus several families from our church. Our new grill is getting a workout!
- ComedySportz. If you’ve never seen this family-friendly team improv show, you’re missing out. We took a group of kids for Taylor’s birthday and returned a month later with a group of adults for my birthday.
- My Taylor guitar. The wood is opening up nicely and with the addition of a Fishman Expression pickup, she sounds beautiful when I play on the worship team at church.
- Teaching. I am wrapping up four online/hybrid courses in the next two weeks. I hope my students learn as much from me as I learn from them.
- Family time. We have been intentional about keeping some evenings open for just hanging out. We’ve especially had some great discussions thanks to the questions in our Table Topics cube.
What have you been enjoying lately?