In honor of this Sunday’s Academy Awards, here are my ten favorite movies. Note that these are not the ten best movies ever made. They are just the ten movies I never get tired of watching and that always put a smile on my face. In no particular order…
- A Few Good Men. “You can’t HANDLE the truth!”
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. A generational classic, plus it’s set in Chicago, my favorite city.
- Ocean’s Eleven. I heart George Clooney, the plot is fun and the dialogue snappy.
- Mary Poppins. I have a total crush on young Dick Van Dyke. It’s OK, Dave knows about it.
- The Usual Suspects. Great plot twist.
- Sister Act. Funny and inspiring.
- Fargo. Coen Brothers + Frances McDormand + William H. Macy = Yah, sure, you betcha.
- Monty Python & the Holy Grail. “Bring out your dead!” (Also the first show I saw on Broadway.)
- Men In Black. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are a great combination.
- That Thing You Do! Just fun all the way around and the title song never gets annoying.
Want more pop culture lists and commentary? Check out my friend Dave Verhaagen’s Shrink Blog.