Happy New Year!
I have always set goals at the start of a new year and I am generally pretty diligent about completing them, but I like the concept of a “finish list”. One of the keys to finishing the things on your list is to let other people know about them so they can encourage you throughout the year. So, here is my 2012 Finish List, in no particular order.
Things I will finish in 2012:
- A 10K road race.
- The manuscript for my first book (Church Organizational Culture).
- The proposal for a second book.
- Losing ten pounds.
- Memorizing James and the Sermon on the Mount.
- Reading through the New Testament.
- Paying $5,000 on my school loans.
- Running a 5K at a pace of eight minutes per mile.
- Updating and combining the web sites for The Leadership Lab and my blog.
- Reading 35 nonfiction books.
- Designing six online courses as contracted with various colleges and seminaries.
- Development of the Church Organizational Culture Survey.
- Development of a “Post-Div” graduate-level leadership development program for church leaders.
- The transition from our Interim ministry at Chatham Community Church to whatever God has for us next.
In addition, I have several significant personal/family/marriage goals that are not for publication.
What are you going to finish in 2012?